July 25, 2011

Katie's Growing, Kinda.

So, I feel like our little girl is Huge compared to when she was born. At a week old she had only grown maybe an inch in length but had gained 2 and a half lbs.! She's still not even chubby though. Her cheeks and chin are but that's it. Anyway. She just barely grew out of newborn diapers and the only reason for that is cause we didn't want to go buy more diapers when we had number 1s lying around waiting to fit. Nate's parents bought Kate some really adorable newborn clothes which was very much appreciated because she still doesn't fit into 0-3 month outfits. She's 6 weeks old and yet is still a "newborn". I'm hoping she turns out cute and petite. Also, she's "woken up" just in the last few days and it seems that her eyes will be blue... I know they can still change color but they're very true blue right now. That's fun.

I'm at the point of wanting to go buy new clothes. None of my pregnancy clothes really fit me, like I can wear two of the shirts, and very few of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me. I'm so in-between. The waiting game is hard. It's frustrating to want to be somewhere and not be there but know that you'll probably be there soon. Meaning, I keep thinking, why would I buy a few new shirts (I only gain weight on top, all of my pre pregnancy bottoms (except for skirts) fit me right after I had Kate) when they'll be loose to the point of un-cute in a month? Or why would I buy tight clothes? They show off my chubby parts. Anyway, I'm stale-mated.

Also, I'm running again. I can't tell anyone how much exercising effects me. Basically, if I exercise I'm patient, relaxed, happy and kind, if I don't exercise I'm irritable, easily set off, stressed and negative. Me + Running = LOVE.

I figured out why Zac hits Kate!!! It's cause he sees us burping her. I'm glad to have figured it out, but he's still too young to udnerstand why we can "hit" her and why he can't.

Nathan got an e-mail from UNM today saying that his secondary application is on it's way and so he'll fill that out when he gets it and then we'll hear about an interview! Wohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment