June 28, 2011

Happy and free and some stories about Zachary

I do Not do well being pregnant. We realized this after we had Zac but we forgot. Two nights ago I actually laughed for the first time in months. I wasn't depressed but I was not myself. I've always been a happy, go-lucky kinda girl but the past two years I haven't been that way at all. It is soooo wonderful to have me back! It's so nice to laugh with my husband, to take joy in everyday living, to find passion in living. My goodness it is wonderful to be myself again! I LOVE not being pregnant!!!!!

On another note, yesterday I was making chicken enchiladas for dinner and had to shred the chicken. I decided to perform this task on our coffee table - about chest level for Zac - and Zac wanted to help. Remember how he's uber into utensils right now? especially forks? Yeah, well, I got him a spoon so he could "help me" but he kept crabbing and trying to grab the forks I was using to shred the chicken. Finally, I gave in and got him his own fork. He scooted the shredded chicken around on the plate "helping me" the entire time I was shredding the chicken. I was so proud of my little man! He is really getting into helping us do things. Of course he ended up flinging some of the chicken on the ground while he was helping, but what does that matter? Our son is learning life skills; how to shred chicken, how to use forks, how to help Mommy etc. I am so proud of my developing Zachary. Also, he loves my homemade bread. When he was about a year old, he got into the fridge and tried to eat my bread through the bag. Another time, I put him on the counter and was cutting a new loaf and he grabbed the heel and tried to eat it as soon as it was separated from the loaf. He also likes oatmeal a lot! and bananas. I love my little guy soooooo much.

Anyway, I'm happy! I'm me! I'm not trying to be happy anymore - I simply am :) Ah, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment