June 26, 2011

Somewhere around 50 pictures

So, I wrote a huge blog about a month and a half ago detailing Zac's birthday, Nate's triathalon, Nate's MCAT score and just news about life. It didn't get saved properly. The bummer thing about this is that I made sure to hit the "save" button several times before logging out. I was disappointed when I got on the computer to finish the post and all I had was this:

"My, I have lots to blog about. I've been waiting to blog until we found out Nathan's MCAT score, which we found out. He got a 29!!!!! This is exciting because the whole reason we moved to NM was to maintain residency so that we would have a better shot of getting into UNM Med. school. They're a really good school for patient care (in the top thirty in the nation) and their average acceptance MCAT score for last year was a 26. Hence, we feel like we have a decent shot getting in here. We're definitely applying to other schools too but UNM would probably be bestest.

I am married to a tri-athelete!!! Nathan did a triathalon on Saturday and finished in around 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was soooooo incredibly proud" - I went on to say that this is totally my kind of thing and my kind of crowd and am so excited that Nathan is getting into it amongst many other things.

So, I'm sorry the details will be fuzzy but here's to a huge new post! Disclaimer: a fair chunk of this post will be pictures - but if you haven't noticed, that's how I blog.

Triathalon: Nathan forgot his goggles at school, he was in a swimming class, and asked me to bring mine so he could see while swimming. Yeah, they snapped after the first lane. My poor man swam blind.


These pictures are of our little man during the past couple of months.
He Loves Dad's bike.


Zac also adores the sweeper. He is entertained for literally hours when I let him play with it.



Zac has recently cleaned up his act while eating - which means his hair doesn't have to be so short! Bbuuuuttt, he is really starting to want to use utensils. So, we're just messy in a different way now.


These are Zac's favorite toys during bath time. Luckily, he can't turn on the water yet by himself.



Man, Zac LOVES to be naked. If you don't leave his pants on, then thirty seconds later his diaper is off. Anyway, dressing our little guy can be entertaining sometimes.


My Guys




This little turtle below became Zac's comfort object for about three days. We had to pry apart his hand to get him to let go so that we could get him in his carseat - the whole time he would scream. Luckily, he got over it once he could grasp the turtle's string again.



Zac Loves cheese.


During visiting teaching once....



We have a Family Home Evening group that we meet with every Monday to have a spiritual thought and then play games. One time our friend's son, Hudson, needed to go to sleep so, we put him in Zac's crib with sleeping Zac. Hudson cried for around 30 minutes and Zac didn't wake up. Our kid is a sound sleeper.



We had a little gathering for Zac's first birthday. Isn't this little girl the cutest thing ever?!



The cupcake cake, a treasure map, I made wasn't the best, but it tasted fine and was a good learning lesson.



At first, Zac didn't know what to do with his cupcake. But after I gave a lick of the icing off of my finger, he plunged in for the icing. When that was mostly gone, we had him taste the cupcake. He picked up the cupcake and inhaled it! He shoved it to his mouth and didn't take his hand away until it was completely gone. I loved it.









Zac's first time riding in the car facing forward! Took him about 10 minutes to get really excited about it, before that he was just trying to process what was going on.


We went camping while I was on pseudo bed rest. It was soooo wonderful to relax and not worry about how I wasn't supposed to clean or pick up Zac etc. I love going camping.


My little sister, Honka, came down to help us out for about a week. Zac can say her name, "Nana" (Hannah). A few weeks after that, my sisters Becca and Abi came down to help. It was so nice to have help but mostly to see my family. I love them all soooooo much and being the only sibling living farther than 15 minutes away from each other is really hard. I miss them.



Nathan did the Tour de Cure, a bike ride fundraiser for diabetes. He rode 100K - a meteric century. He was very pampered on his ride. Because a lot of diabetics do this bike ride and because it's devoted to diabetics, there were rest stops every 10 - 15 miles with fruits, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, energy bars and drinks. He was tired at the end but it took about an hour and a half after he was done for the fatigue to actually hit him.

1 comment: