June 18, 2010

More happenings

So, Nathan's parents are building a gazebo. Not just any gazebo either. It's even going to have a basement for storage. Awesomely enough, Nathan and Bryan got to dig the hole for this basement using a back-hoe/excavator machine. they even taught me how to use it. It was fun :)

Bryan pointed out that Nathan looks a lot like Bob the builder. Hehehe.

Nathan took me on a date last Saturday. we played croquet. I never would have guessed that I might love croquet but oh, boy, I love that game! we used our baby backpack for the first time cause we took Zac on our date with us. The little guys seems to enjoy it. He slept almost the whole time. But, playing croquet and wearing a baby on your belly is not the best combo. we had to play one handed cause I couldn't see where the ball was with Zac attached to my front. Anyway, it was an awesome date. I love my husband and I don't understand why croquet ever went out of style.

On Sunday, while we were at Nathan's parent's house, Zac was fussing and so, Grandpa Blacker took his grandson around to look at the plants. Zac loves the outdoors. If nothing will console him, I take him outside to a bush and stand about 10 inches away from it and he's a happy boy cause he's looking at a bush. Actually, as soon as we step outside he's happier. I'm grateful that he likes being outside because Nathan and I love being outside.

I think our baby looks like a sea turtle in this last picture.

So, for those of you who don't already know Nathan Loves free things. The Sunday that Nathan blessed our baby, he was checking the church website making sure he knew what to say. He also found out that you can get the church movies for free on the church website. My man was Sooooo excited about this. He ordered them all and figured that in a little while we'd get them in the mail. Boy, were we in for a surprise. Monday evening Nathan and I decided to go on a walk. On the way out of our apartment complex, we saw the missionaries getting out of their car. We turned and stopped to say hi. Good thing we did, they had come to see us. They had gotten a member referral...for us. Apparently, only investigators can get the church movies for free; members have to buy them. The missionaries and I were pretty amused. Nathan was vary embarrassed but more than that, he still just really wants the DVDs.

Wednesday when Nathan got home from work, Zac and I were asleep on the couch; we frequently take a nap together in the afternoon. Anyway, when we woke up, we found that daddy had gotten the chalk out. We had a chalk party on our porch. It was great fun. We chalked "Zac's First Camping Trip". There's trees, a stream, our tent, a fire, grass and our little family. We're very proud of our creation.

Greatest news bar none. I'm running again. Finally!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I'm training for a half-marathon in September and a marathon in the beginning on May. I've been managing to go running in the mornings before Nathan leaves because that way, he's able to be with Zac while I run. But today was different, today I went running with the running stroller. Man alive, I'm going to get in shape so fast pushing that thing up hills! With it i go at tortoise pace. It's got to be at least 20 lbs with Zac in it. I'm gonna be so buff it's incredible. Running makes me happy.

Also, Zachary has been eating a ton this week, almost literally. we think he's nearly doubled his weight this week. Oh, boy.

4 comments:

  1. The whole gazebo and excavator thing...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizi! I LOOOOOOVVVE your blog! You are so funny and it is so good to hear what's going on in your life. I love the story about Nathan and the missionaries. When I was reading I was thinking, "We can get free movies? Awesome!" (in the way I say awesome, you know, but in my head), but then I read a little further and had a good laugh. Also, a gazebo with a basement? That's seriously sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! but it reeeeally makes me miss you! Zac is so freaking cute and I really want to meet him soon. Also, I love the picture of you on the back-hoe...it make me laugh. :) love you Lizi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these pictures lizi i really miss you! i can't wait to see you! i really really miss you.

    ReplyDelete