June 10, 2010

I have so many things to say!

I frequently think about all of the things I could blog about and then I fail to do so. Hence, my blog will probably always be a hodge-podge of stories and ideas.

First off, while we were camping, Nathan had the brilliant idea of finding a Pride Rock to play Lion King. I love my husband. :) The funniest part of the whole affair was that after Nathan's dad took a few pictures, little Zac decided that since he had the opportunity, he should mark his territory and pee. My boys entertain me to no end. I love them both.

This last Sunday Nathan had blessed our little boy. It was wonderful. I've determined that my child is the most awesome child ever. Nathan's mom had a little tuxedo that she let us borrow for Zac to wear on his blessing day. He Is A Handsome Kid. When Nathan put the suit on our little guy that morning, he thought that Zac was so cute that he almost couldn't leave the side of the crib. As Nathan was ironing his shirt, he kept stopping and going back to the crib to gush over our "stud".

I think that Zac looks like a baby Mozart in the last picture. In theory, very cute.

When I was in high school I didn't understand why everyone though Jane Austen was so brilliant. Because I grew up watching the A&E and BBC versions of all of her stories, I knew all of the stories but I didn't know how wonderful of a writer Jane Austen was. I found out why everyone considers her novels classic while reading Sense and Sensibility when I was 18. I've enjoyed all of the novels, though my favorites are Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. I'm currently reading Emma for the first time - the last Austen book I have to read to have read all of them. It took me 3 weeks to get through the first 250 pages. I thought it was the most dull of all of Austen's books. It felt like a chore to read and that is something I detest. Reading is one of my greatest pleasures; it should never be unpleasant. It may be difficult at times but should never be unenjoyable. I've almost finished the 500 page book now. The latter portion of Emma is so wonderful. I love it and it is now ranked as one of my favorite Jane Austen books.

My favorite thing about being a mother is that my baby loves me. He is bonded to me in a way that only mothers can know. When my child is unhappy with everyone but happy simply being held by me, I feel so proud and loved. It's one of my life's greatest joys.
I've decided I actually like blogging :) I think I'll do it more than I originally thought I would.

2 comments:

  1. I always think of lots of things to blog until I actually sit down at my computer. Then my blogging mind goes totally blank. Luckily, a lot of times I just have to look at my recent pictures and I can think of lots of things.

    And I also think Zac is a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pride rock picture = my new favorite thing. That's hilarious. I love how they're outlined against the sun. And he does look like Mozart in that one picture! Like he's posing for his portrait to be done.

    I love you. I can't wait to here all of your thoughts and ideas and stories.

    ReplyDelete