September 24, 2010

We moved

So, we moved two weeks ago; it's been great so far. When we first saw the apartment I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't as big as I had wanted. But then I started being positive and everything has been wonderful since then. We have so much room. The reason we moved is because we didn't have enough room in our last place and since Zac is now 5 months old we figured a two bedroom would work very nicely. And we were right! I love our new apartment.

Before we moved - I haven't been doing much of anything since we moved besides unpacking and school - I started sewing quite a bit. I've made two shirts and a skirt. I keep getting better at it and more confident. It's a great relaxer for me and I get new clothes out of it :)

I've started to run quite a bit more and am getting in shape which both Nathan and I love. I love exercising and fitting into my old clothes.

Also, I'm really enjoying our new ward. It's about 1/3 the size of our last ward, maybe even smaller. I go play volleyball on Wednesday nights at the stake center with women from Relief Society and I've made quite a few friends there. One of them, Megan, is in our new ward and she told everyone that we were moving in. So, when we moved into our new ward everyone was like, "Megan told us you were moving in." and everyone was very welcoming. I've already made some seemingly good friends. Also, the bishop is Chad Harrison's dad. Chad was a groomsman at our wedding. So, that's cool too.

Also, I got a stake assignment, not a calling. I'm the assistant young women's sports lady. I'm really enjoying it. It's every Saturday morning for a couple hours. Right now the girls are playing volleyball. It's a nice assignment to have because it requires that I have alone time :) So Wonderful.

I'm taking 12 credits online and that was a little bit frustrating the week we moved to our new place because our internet was supposed to be set up before we moved in but it wasn't. It took a week for them to get it all working. Luckily my teachers were gracious and everything worked out alright.

Nathan's taking 6 credits online and 8 on campus, 2 of those are bio labs, is working 30 hours a week and is going to start volunteering 5 hours a week on Wednesdays at an Ear, Nose and Throat clinic. My husband is amazing and does everything he possibly can to support our family. We're very blessed.

Also, I want my puppy. I love dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment